I realized I never posted the finished birds and I’ve already given one away. Here’s a sanded and a carved. After this picture I sanded the other, stained with tung oil and coated in polyurethane.
I haven’t had time to go through the video yet, however, here is a picture of my first project. I plan to paint this little pooch and finish but I haven’t gotten that far yet. I’ve also started a boot today while I was home sick (after sleeping most of the day- feeling much improved now): The book this pre-cut out shape came with has instructions to turn it into a cow boy boot but I’m aiming for a witch boot. It’s not going very well. The grain is going toward the heel and I’m having trouble with that. I